Weekly Quote:

"I see! It is possible to save them all... I wish I could tell him that." -Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Trigun

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rena - Rainy Day Anime (or, Shows For When You're Sick)

Rena here! Poor Eno is a little under the weather at the moment, so I'm dedicating this post to her. ♥

There is nothing quite like burrowing under a blanket on the couch and watching anime on a sick day, or a rainy/snowy day for that matter. Now personally, when I'm not feeling good, I like a dose of something different from my usual viewing material (I'm the one who likes shonen/action/mecha/comedy, whereas my co-blogger likes shoujo/fluffy stuff/comedy). But laughter's the best medicine, right? So:

Dr. Rena's Prescription:

* Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu: A spin-off of the Full Metal Panic series, Fumoffu is a lot more crack-comedic than serious mecha action (in fact, no mechas make an appearance in this series). The first episode begins with a giant explosion, and the laughs don't stop til the hair-raising finale. Plus Chris Patton and Luci Christian star as Sergeant Sousuke Sagara and Kaname Chidori, so decent star-power.

* Nerima Daikon Brothers: What do you get when you combine music, daikon, pandas, and a heavy wallop of nonsense? Nerima Daikon Brothers! A musical anime set in a daikon field in Nerima, Japan, NDB tells the story of Hideki, Ichiro, and Mako as they struggle for stardom. (And more Chris Patton and Luci Christian, this time as Ichiro and Mako. Yes, I am biased.)

* Read Or Die: The OVA: Not as cracky, but it's short and sweet. A beautifully done OVA (original video animation) , leading into a TV series that's kind of so-so.


*DISCLAIMER: These shows are recommended for ages 14+. Each contains content that may not be suitable for younger viewers. I will not be held responsible for you getting in trouble or for your brain exploding from crackiness.

This is all I have for the moment, but if you've got a favorite, feel free to leave us a comment!

See you next time!

Love, Rena.

No comments:

Post a Comment